Credentials are required for the Rule Execution Service to connect to the catalog. By default, the System credentials will be used.
Step 1: Create Credentials for Execution Purposes
The credentials are created in the Web Catalog Manager when adding or editing a user. For more information on how to create them, refer to Create Catalog Credentials for Execution Purposes.
Step 2: Set the Credentials in the Configuration section
After credentials have been created, they need to be provided to the Rule Execution Service. An optimal way to provide these credentials is by entering them on the Runtime Settings page and switching the Allow Per REST Request toggle off. It is recommended to keep this toggle off for security reasons.
- From the InRule SaaS Portal, click on the cog wheel icon and choose Configuration from the menu.
- Click on the arrow in the Execute Server Settings section.
- In the Runtime Settings section, you can set the (1) User Name, (2) Password, and turn the (3) Allow Credentials in REST Request setting on and off.
- Hover over the row you would like to edit, and the Edit configuration icon will appear at the end of the row. Click on the icon to edit the setting in that row.
- Set the User Name and Password.
- Make sure the Allow Credentials in REST Request toggle is set to OFF.
Allow Credentials in REST Request Toggle
When this toggle is set to OFF, sending catalog credentials in the request sent to Rule Execution Service (RES) will not be allowed. The User Name and Password need to be set on the Runtime Settings page as described above.
When the toggle is set to ON, sending catalog credentials in the RES request will be allowed. This is not recommended. To take advantage of this security enhancement, keep this toggle OFF.