Elements of a Rule Flow must be connected together in a logical beginning-to-end sequence in order for the rule flow to be compiled without error and executed.
To connect elements
- Drag an element onto the designer.
- Hover over the upstream element to display a small box that represents the port of the connector. In this simple example, the upstream element is the default entry element.
- Click on the port and drag the connector to the downstream element. Hover over the downstream element until it's port is displayed.
- Release and the element is connected. In this simple example, the new element is automatically connected downstream to the default terminator element.
General Behavior Connecting Elements
- In a single branch flow, the most downstream element will automatically connect itself to the default terminator.
- As each additional element is connected into a single-path flow, the designer will attempt to terminate the default downstream connector accordingly.
- Elements that don't have an upstream connection are considered orphans. Orphans will result in compilation errors.
- Dashed lines indicate that the element connected is not represented by a Def in the irSDK object model.