In addition to importing external assemblies to use custom functions with rules, InRule provides users a way to create helper functions inline in a rule application. User-Defined Functions (UDFs) have the following benefits:
- Reduce deployment complexity by using custom functions without having to associate a separate .NET Assembly and import its public methods
- Manage changes to functions as revisions of the rule applications that contain them
- Author simple functions not already available with InRule
- Extend imported external function libraries
- Reuse functions across multiple rule applications with irCatalog element sharing
More detailed information on working with User Defined Functions can be found in the following help topics:
Please sign in to leave a comment.