Use the buttons in the Rule Application menu group to associate, remove association and save your rules to either irCatalog or the local file system.
Click the Associate Button to associate a rule application from either irCatalog or your file system.
What is a Rule Application Association?
- "Open from Catalog" an association with a rule application that is stored in irCatalog, there will NOT be any changes to the rule application/word document.
- “Check Out from Catalog” an association with a rule application that is stored in irCatalog, there WILL be changes to the rule application/word document.
- “File System” an association with a rule application that is stored on the local file system.
Open from Catalog/Check Out from Catalog:
To associate a rule application from irCatalog the following information is needed:
- URI – location where irCatalog is installed
- Authentication - Option of irCatalog or Windows Authentication
After the login screen you may access your rule applications that are stored in irCatalog.
NOTE: To close a cached catalog connection, click here
To associate a rule application from your file system, navigate to the local folder location and select the rule application that you want to associate to irWord.
Click the Remove Association button to remove the rule application from irWord. The Remove Association feature removes the information about the location of the associated rule application from the document.
- Click “Remove rule text from the document” to remove the rule application association from irWord and remove all of the rules that have been inserted into the document.
- Click “Keep rule text in the document” to remove the rule application association from irWord, but keep all of the rules that have been inserted into the document.
The Catalog button will provides all of the same functionality and access to rule applications stored in available irCatalog installations. Catalog operations are as follows:
NOTE: If you do not have the rule application checked out, but someone else has the rule application checked out
NOTE: If you add, edit or delete rules from irWord and exit the document WITHOUT saving you will receive the following message:
The File button on the irWord Ribbon provides access to opening/saving rule applications with on file system.
Open in irAuthor
The associated rule application will open inside of irAuthor for editing.
Test in irVerify
Launch irVerify to test rules, calculations and decision tables from irWord.
Please sign in to leave a comment.