In this section you will learn how to test your rules using irVerify. You will manually enter test data in order to determine if you have authored the rules correctly.
- Click on Invoice entity (either in Entities or Rules)
- Click the Test button in the Ribbon, which will launch irVerify
- irVerify will launch and the remaining steps in this chapter will show you how to run through some tests to confirm each of the rules and calculations are working correctly
- Enter 999 in the CustID field and click Apply Rules. Assuming you didn't enter a customer with ID of 999, you will get the message "The Customer ID 999 is not a valid ID"
- Enter 1 in the CustID field and click Apply Rules. Notice that the customer name has been loaded and there is no validation message
- Click the Add button next to LineItems. Expand LineItems and the Member that it created
- Enter 1 in the ProductID field and click Apply Rules. Notice that the product name and unit price has been loaded. The totals are 0 because the quantity is 0
- Enter 1 in the Quantity field and click Apply Rules. Notice that the various calculations have been updated in both the Invoice and LineItem entities
- Enter 5 in the Quantity field and click Apply Rules. Notice that the various calculations have been updated and there is now a notification. Click on the Notifications tab at the bottom to see the message
- Try adding additional line items and testing that the totals in the Invoice entity have correctly summed up the values in all of the line items
That concludes the irAuthor Beginner Tutorial. We hope you enjoyed it!