Assertion tests allow the user to specify individual conditions about the test that must be satisfied in order for the Test Suite to be considered 'Passed'. If all assertions for a test are not met when the rules are applied, the test is marked as 'Failed'.
Assertions are created using the built-in business language editor however the templates presented are in the context of specify test result values.
To add one or more assertions
- Click on [add assertion]
By default, Boolean type fields from the schema are displayed. Select any expressions that must be true after rules are applied in order for the Test Suite to pass.
Use other expressions in the business language menu to create assertions.
A sample Test Suite with several assertions is as follows:
- Root context - Represents the entity to test from the rule application schema.
- Execution type - Select apply rules to run all automatic rules for the rule application. Select entity rule set to specify an explicit rule set from that entity.
- Entity rule set - Select the rule set to use when execution type is "entity rule set."
- Input data state - Select a desired test state from the list. For detailed information on data states, see data state in Test Suites.
- Assertions - Criteria that must be true in order for the test to be considered a "Pass."
Available assertions for Test Suites are as follows:
NOTE: irVerify Test Suites have an option to halt testing on the first assertion to fail. This setting is turned off by default.