explicit rule sets, and generally simulating a rule session with user-provided input data.
- Begin constructing a test by adding values to field elements. Tests may also require the user to add or remove collection members as well as create entity fields.
- Press the Apply Rules button.
Components of the Session Tab
- View Trace - Launches the rule trace viewer. See the help topic on viewing traces for more information.
- Reset - Useful to set the activation status of rule sets to their default settings. Reset can also be used to reset the working memory stored in the current rule session used by the session tester. When testing rule sets with run modes of either sequential or optimized, working memory is held by the tester so that when values are added in-between tests, the dependencies considered by rule sets are also re-created.
When a user hovers the the cursor over a calculation field, the corresponding calculation syntax for
that element is displayed in a pop-up dialog as depicted below.
- The testing pane is a tree-based structure that mirrors the data and rule structure of the
entity being tested.
- Fields appear in the tree with a label denoting the field's name with a corresponding text box for input data.
- Calculation and rule (both If/Then and If/Then/Else) elements appear in the tree with a label denoting the rule's name and a text box that is read-only.
- Collection elements are expandable within the tree and have a corresponding add button that adds a collection member.