The contents of this article pertain to the current version of Author Studio released in the fall of 2023. If you have not updated to the newest version of the product, see our Archived Author Studio Documentation here.
A rule application is a collection of rules grouped as Decisions or Rule Sets. Click on a row in the Rule Application List to navigate to its Rule Application page.
Rule Application Workspace
1. Check in and Check out
Allows a rule application to be checked out and checked in. Click here to learn how to use this feature.
2. Download and Upload Rule Application
Download Rule Application
This feature allows you to download the Rule Application.
Upload New Version of this Rule Application
You can use this feature to upload a new version of the rule application. By uploading a rule application from the Rule Application page, you will replace the current rule application with this name, with the contents of the rule application you are uploading. If you would like to upload a new rule application, it is possible to do that using the Upload tool from the Rule Application List.
While a rule application is checked out, all activity for the underlying rule application will be listed. Once check-in occurs, all activity will be purged.
3. Activity Type
Identifies the activity that occurred. Options include:
- Added Rule Set – A new rule set was added.
- Updated Rule Set - A rule set was updated.
- Deleted Rule Set - A rule set was deleted.
- Updated Rule Application - A Rule application was updated.
- Updated Decision - A decision was updated.
- Updated Language Rule – A language rule was added or updated.
- Deleted Language Rule – A language rule was deleted.
- Updated Decision Table– A decision table was added or updated.
- Deleted Decision Table– A decision table was deleted.
Identifies the rule application element.
Identifies the entity context and the rule set name.
6. Modified by
Identifies the user that made the modification.
7. Properties Panel
The properties panel can be edited only when the rule application is checked out.
The title of the rule application is saved here.
Allows users to enter a description for rule application.