Monitoring instances from the Instance overview
If you click on the instance name link in a task, you will be redirected to the Instance overview.
In the Instance overview you can monitor the status of the instance.
The Instance overview is an overview of the entire instance, with all active and completed tasks, documents, forms, and other information.
For descriptions, see the corresponding numbers below.
Instance overview properties
1. Header with the instance name.
2. Close button to return to the instance list and breadcrumbs where you can navigate upwards in the application hierarchy (Application View > Instance View).
3. The Tasks tab contains active and completed tasks within the instance.
The Alerts tab contains any error notifications.
4. Tab containing the Process model, giving you an overview of the entire process. This is where you can check the status of an instance and view the token trail. Read the article, Checking the Status of an Instance and Understanding Tokens to learn more.
5. Instance information is located here.
6. A list of active and completed tasks within the instance. Double-click on a task to open it. If a task is greyed, it means you do not have access to that task and are not allowed to open it.
7. These buttons allow you to update the list or export it to Excel.
8. Tab containing common tasks within the instance. Instance configuration is available to you if you have at least editing permission for the application. Read more about Instance configuration in the section Managing Instances.
9. Default tab, its content is initially visible in the larger area below the tab, containing available documents and forms. There is also a New button where you can upload new documents. Here you can also manage existing documents.
10. Tab containing an Activity log, displaying the history of the instance.
11. Here you can search the contents of the Instance Overview.
Under the Common Tasks tab, you can access the Instance Configuration, Stop an instance, and Delete an Instance.
You can locate the Common tasks tab in the right panel in the Instance overview.
Stop an instance
The Stop instance feature is located in the Common tasks menu in the Instance Overview. Selecting Stop instance will cancel all active and future tasks and the Instance will be marked as completed. You will need to refresh the page to see the changes.
Delete an Instance
The Delete instance feature is located in the Common tasks menu in the Instance Overview. The Delete instance function will delete your Instance and redirect you to the Application Overview.
Select Instance configuration.
In Instance configuration you are able to edit the name and description of the instance and access the Planning and Participant Configuration tabs.
Under the Planning tab you are able to edit the priority of the instance that will be displayed in the instance overview, set a planned completion date, and a deadline.
Under Participant Configuration, you can assign participants to specific roles connected to the lanes in the application.
The fields are empty by default if the performer is assigned via a role mapper or in any other way than role assignment on a sequence flow and if an assignment is made in this view.